The Netflix series Stranger Things brought fireworks of stardom to many new faces and even after coming to Season 4, it continues to do so. A professional since 2011, English actor Joseph Quinn worked on many TV projects earlier, but the casting in Stranger Things catapulted him into a whole new league.
It’s after a decade in the industry, Quinn saw worldwide exposure and acclaim- thanks to his role as Eddie Munson in Season 4 of sci-fi horror series. His character is an 80s metalhead who runs the Hellfire Club, the official Dungeons & Dragons group at Hawkins High School.
Interesting Facts on Joseph Quinn
- Quinn was born on May 15, 1993, which makes him 29 years old as of 2022. His birth sign is Taurus.
- He is actually from London, England, but currently resides in the United States for on-screen ventures.
- Joseph stands 5 feet 10 inches tall and has brown eyes & light brown hair.
- In a 2017 interview with Nut Magazine, Joseph Quinn stated that he embraced acting interests from a young age. In fact, he was a drama scholar at his school which would get him academic fees off.
- The English actor attended the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art and graduated in 2015. Even more, he worked in the National Theatre production of Mosquitos alongside Olivia Colman, which he states was “magical.”
- Joseph Quinn along with Jamie Campbell Bower and Eduardo Franco was announced as a series regular in Season 4 of Stranger Things on November 20, 2020. Earlier, Maya Hawke (as Robin Buckley) and Priah Ferguson (as Erica Sinclair) came as main casts in Season 3.
- In Season 4 of Stranger Things, he portrayed a series regular, a nerdy character Eddie Munson shares the notable screentime young stars: Millie Bobby Brown, Gaten Matarazzo, Finn Wolfhard, Noah Schnapp, Caleb McLaughlin, Charlie Heaton, Joe Keery, and Natalia Dyer. The fourth season had 2 volume releases, the first with 7 episodes on May 27, 2022, and the second (2 episodes) a month later on July 1.
- He has worked in the famous HBO hit series Game of Thrones, particularly in a small role. In 2017, during the Season 7 episode “The Spoils of War”, he was one of the guards for House Stark at Winterfell gate, as Arya Stark (actress Maisie Williams) returns home.
- Joseph Quinn made his acting debut in 2011 as a guest cast in Postcode and went on a hiatus for a few years. He returned in the role of Arthur Havisham in Dickensian (2015-16).
It subsequently followed his TV works in Howards End (2017), Les Misérables (2019), Catherine the Great (2019), and C.B. Strike (2020).
- Quinn is active on Instagram (@josephquinnactor) with over 1.2 million followers, which he opened in late 2020 after being confirmed in the casting of Stranger Things.
His first IG post was on December 4, 2020, and since posts mostly about his professional ventures.
- The actor was not always fond of social media as per his interview with Nut Magazine in 2017. At that time, he confirmed not having an Instagram or Facebook account, but a Twitter account (now deleted).
- Joseph is not dating anyone officially as of 2022. So far, the Dickensian star is yet to comment on his girlfriend or relationship.
- Joseph Quinn has an estimated net worth of $3 million in 2022. The majority of his income comes from his acting career; allegedly, he gets a hefty 5-digit figure salary from the Netflix series Stranger Things.
The adult leads David Harbour and Winona Ryder earn $350K per episode, while the young main stars (Wolfhard, Matarazzo & McLaughlin) get $250K; except for Millie Bobby Brown, who earns $300K-an-episode.
- He is an avid fan of Lord of The Rings. And when asked what role it would be for him to play, Joseph answered that it would be ‘all the characters in the trilogy.’